Boards of directors of pharmaceutical companies are coming under increasing scrutiny from investors and the outside world.
Now, more than ever before, there is a need for transparent and auditable decision and portfolio management processes covering:
- In project decisions (eg. multiple indications)
- In-licencing and out-licencing
- Pipeline management (maintenance of a healthy mix of projects at the various stages of discovery and development at all times)
- Optimal resource allocation (eg. financial & human resources)
- Portfolio optimization (maximizing return under the real-world constraints of good pipeline management and finite resources)
The pressure is on to handle these issues with the over-riding aim of maintaining investor confidence. It might not be sufficient to simply choose the combination of projects with the maximum expected return without considering the return as a function of time. Similarly, isolated maximization of individual project returns may not be appropriate.
Traditional approaches often compromise the solution unnecessarily by using processes which obscure or skirt around the real issues rather than revealing them and meeting them head on. Tessella’s aim is to give pharmaceutical companies the tools and support needed to make better-informed portfolio management decisions. Tailored to the specific current needs of each individual client, we can provide:
- Process improvement consultancy
- IT consultancy
- Portfolio review consultancy
- Software to support the process
We build customized solutions using modules from our Portmanto toolkit; this is a suite of portfolio analysis programs that have been developed and used over a number of years.
Find out more about Tessella’s Portfolio Management Solutions